>This is an issue with your firewall.  It's only port-forwarding from the
>internet side.
>
>When your other machines try to connect to the external IP address,
>they're sending those packets to the firewall for forwarding to the
>internet, and the firewall isn't handling them correctly.

I agree.  I'm just not sure how to resolve the problem.  Any ideas?

I tried setting up an ipchains REDIRECT, but that didn't do it.  I also
tried setting up an ipchain rule for the specific host so the packet
would run through ipmasqadm.  I can only see a way to map ipchains
to the ipmasqadm command using mfw tho.  Do you know of a way
to map an ipchain rule to ipmasqadm so it uses portfw?  Technically,
I'd think the ipmasqadm portfw command would work on traffic coming
from either Interface, but I think you're right and it looks like it's only
operating on packets coming from eth0.

Of course, ... I dunno.. it's just not working the way I thought it
would.  I figured packets from internal hosts would get masqueraded as if
they came from the external ip of the firewall and then the same computer
would respond as it recognized those packets are destined for an ip address
it handles and route accordingly.  hehe sorry, I'm thinking out loud and
trying to figure this out at the same time here.

-Ed