On Thu, 09 Nov 2000, Ed Lazor wrote:
> Anyone ever get a Smart & Friendly CD-RW burner working under linux?  If
> so, how'd you do it?  I have one of these drives and their company has closed.

Most S&F burners are simply re-labled. I've got a SCSI Smart &
Friendly burner which works just fine here... I didn't have to do
anything special, it was auto-detected. Now, one thing to keep in
mind is that mine is used for both burning CDs and for playing CDs...
that is it's the ONLY cd r/rw drive in the box.

Further, SCSI is *much* simpler to implement in a R/RW drive under
linux than IDE. With an ATAPI CDR/RW drive, you have to fake scsi.
        John