On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, Ed Lazor wrote:

> I see these entries more often than I thought I would.  Anyone know why
> they show up?
>
> Nov 12 00:23:06 dragon sshd[436]: Generating new 768 bit RSA key.
> Nov 12 00:23:07 dragon sshd[436]: RSA key generation complete.
>

>From the sshd man page...

     Each host has a host-specific RSA key (normally 1024 bits) used to
identify the host.  Additionally, when the daemon starts, it generates a
server RSA key (normally 768 bits).  This key is normally regenerated every
hour if it has been used, and is never stored on disk.

Are you seting these more than once an hour?

M.

--
WebCentral Pty Ltd              Australia's #1 Internet Web Hosting Company
Level 1, 96 Lytton Road.