Hi.
I had similar problems yesterday and this morning, and this is the way I
solved them (with a little help from my friends, Rh-list).

Ok...I'm totally stuck.  I'm trying to install Redhat on a friends
computer.  First I tried 7.0...when that didn't work, I then tried
6.1.  THat too failed.  Anaconda craps out every time when formatting
the filesystems.  Throws out a 'general protection fault' and a bunch
of garbage.

In my case, I was getting these errors due to the low memory linux was
getting from the bios (13 megs, even though I actually had 128 megs).  This
is what I did.
First thing - correct the low memory problem.  Bios has an option to
enable/disable a "memory hole", find it and disable it (that's only for dos
I believe).
When you reboot, linux will see the full amount of memory you have, that way
you eliminate the low-memory problem permanently.
Then I started a RH 7.0 server installation and it went pretty smoothly this
time.  Part of the errors I was getting in my previous attempts was due to
incorrect partition sizes that I had manually entered.  Select automatic
partitioning this time.
Once the server installation is complete, since I also wanted X installed, I
went back and started a "Custom installation" but selected NOT to format the
partitions created by the server installation, I only named the partitions
to /,/boot, /usr  etc.  Then I selected all the services I wanted installed
including X , printing etc. configured X accordingly, let it run and
sorprise!, I got a nice server running like the wind with all the services I
wanted.  Hope this will help.
Alfredo

Oops: 0000
CPU: 0
etc, etc.

I have never had any problems like this, and I'm hoping that it's
not the hard disk.  The computer is running a celeron 566.  it's
on a slot 1 bx board with 128 MB RAM.  First the install wouldn't
recognize any but 13 MB of RAM, and then I started the install with
'linux mem=127M'.  The disk is a Maxtor 12.? G drive.  It's the Primary
master, and the only device on that chain.  There is also a cd rom
on the secondary channel.  I'm clueless.  Has anyone had these type
of problems before?  Please tell me that there is an easy fix for
this...asside from buying a new drive.  Oh, and the partition table
is as follows:

hda1 - 15 M - /boot
hda2 - 1 G - C:
hda3 - 2 G - /