Hi all, I've been using RH 6.0 for over a year and reading this list
for about the same time. Finally, I've got an external modem and wanna
try using the internet from Linux (don't get me started on buying an
expensive machine only to find out most of the components are cheap -
yes I'm talking Winmodem, etc.). I've done a fair amount of reading
about security in the past but it was only when I actually started to
set it up myself that I realized - there seems to be very little
information about setting up a single machine for internet usage. What I
really want to know is should I set up ipchains on the machine that is
accessing the internet, all the literature I've found points to using it
on a dedicated machine with masquerading. So any hints on how to set up
nice secure single machine would be gratefully received.

                Thanks for listening,

                        Matt.

--
Outlook error 164336346 - No .sig found, using default

Buy Microsoft Products, they are fantastic.