You're looking at a CD that was geneated on a Windows system...the
"~1" indicates that they forced 8.3 filename convention instead of letting
it run its course...an option you probably don't see on anything other
than Windows sytems.

There isn't really anything that mount can do about this...

Have you actually tried run setup.sh, to see what happens?