Hello,
I have RedHat 6.1 on a single user machine.
I am using pine together with fetchmail and procmail
and the setup configuration for pine says:
user-domain              = localhost.localdomain

I have absolutely no problems in *receiving* mails with pine ...
But I am trying at no avail to send mail with pine ..
When trying to send I get the following error:
[Mail not sent. Sending error: 501 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>... Se]

This is what I found on error 501 somewhere on www, but I have
no idea what this means for my situation:
501 Not Implemented - The sever cannot service the request because
it does not support the request method.

 ... when I try to start pine in debugging mode to tell me a bit more
verbose what's going on, I get this:
------------------------
$ pine -d 9
Argument Error: unknown flag "d", debugging not compiled in
Possible Starting Arguments for Pine program:
------------------------------

Some more infos:
'localhost.localdomain' seems to be the correct user-domain,
because until now I get the internal mails from cron daemon delivered
to user 'pfeiffer' without any problems that I knew of ...
The header of these internal mails looks something like this:
------------------------------------
[ ... ]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Cron <pfeiffer@machine> ....
[ ... ]
------------------------------------

my 'hosts' file is looking like that (I really think it's
looking a bit strange ... but with Netscape it seems to
work, more or less ... ):

127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost machine

and this is my 'resolv.conf' (I changed it a bit for this
mail ... ):

search
domain localhost.localdomain localhost machine
nameserver 127.0.0.1
domain ny.yyyyyy.net ny2.xxxxxx.net
nameserver 195.xxx.96.xxx
nameserver 195.xxx.96.xxx

I nearly would bet on that these last 2 files are badly
configured ... right ?

Any hints ...?

Thanks in anticipation ..
Wolfgang