Hi Everyone,

I'm relatively new to Linux and I have a bit of a problem.  I am running RH
6.0 and while using GIMP, there was a problem with a font or something and
all of a sudden windows just started opening up like crazy and kept doing
so until I ran out of RAM.  The whole system froze and I couldn't do
anything but shut it down.  When I started it back up, and tried to startx,
I got the following message:

_FontTransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
failed to set default font path ' unix/:-1"
Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

Right after I first installed this, my wife was working with the font
manager and the same thing happened then as well, but I didn't lose X in
the process that time.  Is this font thing a common  problem and what can I
do to fix it.  I still have my RH CD, but I can't find anything in my books
that tells how to reinstall.  Can I just reinstall the font server, if so,
what directory is it under on the CD and how do I do it?  I'm really confused.

Thanking you in advance,

Michael