Statux wrote:

> And for either more future references.. if you ever need to reach any
> server that communicates via plain text, just use telnet :)
>
> back in my day, we talked to servers with telnet all the time :P
>
> On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Gustav Schaffter wrote:
>
> > Bret,
> >
> > For future references, if ever you need to reach a POP3 server with
> > other means than fetchmail, you may use:
> >
> > https://www.mail2web.com/sindex.html
> >
> > Regards
> > Gustav
> >
> > Bret Hughes wrote:
> > >
> > > Fetchmail puked on a letter that I assume had too many email tos in the
> > > header.  Should I worry about this and send it in as a bug?  I spent
> > > over an hour trying to find a pop client that I could configure taht
> > > would actually delete ^#$!@^% messages from the server at my isp.
> > >
> > > Here is the output from fetchmail -va
> > <snip>

Thanks for the tips.  I am a little nervous about giving my password to the
MAIL2WEB guys without knowing a little more about them, even if it is a
different password than anything on my local network.  It looks like a neat
service though.

As for the telnet stuff I guess I would need to learn to speak pop before I
try that huh?  I like the idea of knowing what goes on beneath the covers but
not sure I have the time to research it.  Is there any consice documentation
out there on pop commands that can be issued via a telnet seesion or is the
rfc the best place to look?

Bret