Dave Ihnat wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 11:21:23AM -0600, Dave Ihnat wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 08:52:33AM -0800, Greg Martin wrote:
>> Silly question--use 'chattr' to see if extended permissions have been hosed.
>

> BTW, on reading this I see it could be taken wrong.  I meant *I* had a silly
> question, not that *yours* is silly.
>
> Cheers,

Damn!  And I had my flames all set! ;-}

I looked at the man page, and -i seemed the only relevent option.  media
mas a symlink to another directroy.  .starteam was a file.

[root@double treaves]# chattr -i media
chattr: No such device while reading flags on media
[root@double treaves]#
[root@double treaves]# chattr -i .statream
chattr: No such file or directory while stating .statream
[root@double treaves]#

[root@double treaves]# cp .bashrc .starteam
cp: overwrite `.starteam'? y
cp: cannot create regular file `.starteam': Operation not permitted
[root@double treaves]#