On Sat, Nov 25, 2000 at 04:31:23PM -0700, SoloCDM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| I'm trying to force commands following each other in a script to
| execute one at a time once the preceding command has finished.

But this is the _normal_ behaviour!

        command1
        command2
        command3

will execute in sequence.

| I applied the command nice with the options to a list of commands and
| didn't get the results I was seeking.

Please cite some example code. Without it it's hard to imagine which of many
weird incantations you might be using to get this wrong.

| I'm looking for a command that has all the processing built-in without
| "reinventing-the-wheel."

I'm inclined to point you at /bin/sh, but that seems overly easy...

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

When asked what would I most want to try before doing it, I said Death.
        - Michael Burton, [EMAIL PROTECTED]