Typically most unix OS's do some smart file caching so that access is even
quicker. Some unix systems use other caching techniques such as translation
lookaside buffers, i.e. TLB's. Don't think RedHat does though.

 It is normal for memory to look used in this fashion. If you ever have an
doubt, start kicking off a few progams. You'll see that swap usage does not
go up.

Mike

Luigi Benussi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@redhat.com on 11/28/2000 10:17:40
AM