I'm running a routing protocol in user space. The IP stack will
be the Linux IP stack In this background I have the
following questions:

(1) Is it possible to export the routes learnt by my routing
process to be known to the Linux IP stack so that the IP stack
can forward based on this learning?
Also - is there a way other than "route add" calls to do this?
Using system calls can be very slow.

(2) How is the Linux IP routing table is structured and how
should the routing process make its routes known into this
routing table?

If you have any suggestions in this regard - about running
the routing process in user or kernel space, etc.. those are very
welcome too.

Any approaches/clues/pointers on this would help greatly.

Thanks
Rajesh