> I am looking for a mid to upper level range notebook that satisfactorily
> runs RH. My preference, although not a necessity, would be to purchase a
> notebook preloaded with RH which is appropriately configured (including
> modem). Alternatively, a purchase of a fully hardware compatible notebook
> which I can then load RH would also be acceptable.
>
> Any and all  suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm wondering why no one's mentioned Tuxtops.  http://www.tuxtops.com

I've never bought anything from them but I want a Linux laptop as soon
as I start making money again (currently doing nonprofit work and
hacking on a potentially lucrative business idea...) and they're near
the top of my list.  You can get a pretty slick one for under $3000.