Eh.  I'm not worried.  They grew a lot in a big hurry, a year or two ago
they were much smaller and RedHat's 4.2-6.2 were all quality releases;
well, better than what we generally expect from some much larger
software publishing houses.

I'd ignore what the company does and watch how the distros behave.  If
7.next is a dog, jump ship then.

Chris Cho wrote:

> I'm sure you caught the news from /. that RH downsized . . . Now, I hate
> to sound pessimisstic, but do you guys believe that RH will be able to
> continue pumping out quality releases and service? I don't really want to
> jump ship, but I do want to use a distro thats going to be around for a
> while. Am I overreacting to this? One of the main reasons I chose RH is
> because it had a big company behind it.
>
> BTW, I decided to go with postfix and am loving it. Thanks
> for all of the help guys, and have a safe and happy holidays!
>
> /Chris

Michael Jinks, IB // Technical Entity // Saecos Corporation
"No one speaks English and everything's broken."  -- T. Waits
"Tom Waits would have made a decent sysadmin."  -- M. Jinks