Hi Herik,

>  The 2.4 kernel has support for promise ultra66 controller so I am able to
> mount /dev/hde1 to /cdrive. But for some reason lilo doesn't recognize
> /dev/hde1 at boot time. In order to boot win2k I have to go to bios and select
> boot off-board controller first. Any susggestion to make lilo boot off-board
> chips?

 Note that the kernel is in no way involved in the booting. lilo does this on
it's own. Since you can boot from the off-board controller lilo should see it
via the bios. You probably need to add "bios=" entries in lilo.conf. Something
like
disk=/dev/hda
        bios=0x80
disk=/dev/hde
        bios=0x81
 If you would boot from /dev/hde the bios order would be reversed. See man
lilo.conf for details.

                                        Bye,

                                        Leonard.