I've just spent the last couple of days wading through on-line
documentation and mail list archives to no avail.

Throughout the day we get two-line error messages appearing both on the
console, and in /var/log/messages, such as the following:

    kernel: lookup_by_inode: ino 43807 not found in somedir
    kernel: find_fh_dentry: 30:11/43807 dir/32705 not found!

Occasionally those two lines will be followed by a third:

    kernel: fh_verify: file://somedir permission failure, acc=13,
error=13

Can some more knowledgeable guru kindly explain what these messages
mean?

Thanks,

David