install the src.rom with rpm -ihv <some>.src.rpm
cd to /usr/src/redhat/
The various parts of the source doe are now in BUILD SOURCES and SPECS.

BUILD and SOURCES contain the stuff that you'd have if you were playing with a tarball
instead of a rpm.

SPECS contain the .spec files that rpm uses to make sense out of it all. the
./configure part is most likely in SPECS/your_package_name.spec just do this:

         cd /usr/src/redhat/ && grep -r "configure" *

edit it and rebuild the rpm. I forget the option - man rpm . I think it's

        rpm -b<plus_at_least_one_more_option_here> SPECS/<yourpackage>.spec

Hope that helps.

        JW