On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, John Aldrich wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Dec 2000, David Talkington wrote:
> > 'Bout the same price.  Anyone have an opinion or preference?  It will
> > live in a Dell Inspiron 7500.
> >
> 3Com is *probably* going to be better supported.
>       John

i got a xircom cbem56g-100 combo net/modem card for my 7500, and
it has had an annoying feature of simply hanging during downloads,
almost always involving email with ms attachments.

when this gets irritating enough, i pop it out and replace it with
an older 28.8k new media net surfer that not only chugs along a
lot more reliably but, in many cases, seems to download faster.

i have no idea what causes the downloads to hang, but it sure
does get irritating after a while.

rday