The system I am installing on is a Dell Optiplex GX110. It has a
partition with WIN2K installed. I installed Linux on the system and it
installed properly and ran OK. The problem was I had to boot from
diskette. In an effort to allow LILO to boot the system properly, I
reconfigured the partitions. I have the following partitions:

partition 1: DELL utility partition, invisible to all OSes
partition 2: 70 MB Linux partition, trying to define as /boot
partition 3: win2k ntfs partition
extended partitions:
partition 5: linux partition 500 MB
partition 6: linux partition 16 GB
partition 7: FAT32 2 GB

Partition 2 was originally a DOS FAT16 partition which I change to a
LINUX partition to use as the boot partition.

When I get to the partitioning part of the install, either automatic or
disk druid, (both in text and GUI mode) the system unlaods and reboots
when I hit the NEXT button. In text mode it shows signal 11 as the problem.
The system runs win2k fine. I ran Linux on the box for two weeks before
trying to change my partitions around. Any suggestions? The only problem
with
the first install was the inability to boot except from diskette which is
what prompted the re-install.

Rich