Bret Hughes wrote:

> Ted Hilts wrote:
>
> > Charles Galpin wrote:
> > >
> > > I can't help you with your mozilla problem, but may I suggest a KVM
> > > (keyboard video mouse) switch. They are relatively inexpensive compared to
> > > monitors, and would *greatly* reduce your clutter. You can use one monitor
> > > keyboard & mouse for n computers.
> > >
> > > charles

> > Thanks Charles, but I already use one monitor in conjunction with a
> > switch box but haven't been able to spare the $300.00 CDN for the keypad
> > switch box.  But I hope that day comes soon, sure would get rid of the
> > congestion on this desk.
>
> how 'bout VNC? works on windows and linux.  As far as the mozilla issue it
> sounds like you are geting netscape and mozilla confused.  What you are
> describing sounds like mozilla to me although it could be someone who is using
> the gecko html parser and the rhino javascript engine in their own browser much
> like galeon or what ever it is.
>
> I guess I am going to have to break down and try the mozilla snapshots.
> Trouble is... diskspace.  Now if I can find a wine or win4linux config to run
> the couple of windows apps I occasionally need, I would be willing to
> repartition the old drive but for now I can't risk the downtime it might take
> to get things going again.  Man, how can I be short on disk space with 6GB on a
> laptop?  I remeber my first pc harddrive a whopping 10MB and I thought I was
> foolish for getting it 'cause who in thier right mind would need that much
> space?  Sigh...
>
> Bret

Well I'm always running out of hard drive space.  I've got about 34Gig
on one machine.  An image raid of 20GIG(+20 for image) plus I think
another 25 Gig all on a database server. Then 8 Gig on a Linux test bed
machine.  Then 8Gig on a old compaq Linux machine.  Then 33Gig on the
Internet gateway machine.  Then there is about 34Gig on Win95 file
server and the remaining machines have much smaller hard drive space but
I ran out of space on another Win95 machine because I had to use it for
development utilities I could not get for Linux.  So I'm looking at
replacing a small hard drive on that machine with and 8.4Gig drive.  So
any machines where development is going on or production machines or
database machines or even web page servers with increasing web site
information - they all gradually need more and more hard drive.  So
don't feel bad about 6Gig.  6Gig is nothing anymore.  Did you know that
a full install of SuSe takes approx 6 Gig and then there is still a
whole wide world of other software.  Depends on what and how much of
what you are actually doing on your machine(s).  I've got Netscape Inbox
files that are over 100Meg in size.  I keep archiving them promising
myself that someday I will find enough time to prune out all the
questions from Red Hat and other lists that don't pertain or show some
promise of pertaining to what I do or will be doing.

So have a nice day.  The age of small drives has come and gone.  Get
yourself ready for 60Gig and 80Gig drives.

Bye-thanks_TED