Hi Russ!

On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 12:34:13AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Several weeks ago my sound simply stopped working one day. I haven't had
> time to mess with it until now. I have noticed this in my logs, something
> that I've never seen before:
>
> Dec 19 11:01:04 behne modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-0
> Dec 19 11:01:05 behne modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-0-3

Were you able (with the help of the logs) to determine when this problem
first occurred? If so, can you remember whether you've changed
*anything* on the machine in question (hardware, maybe?) in the
meantime?

[...]
> What could be causing this, and how can I repair my sound so that I can
> once again use RealPlayer and my cdrom?
[...]

First thing I'd try would be to rerun sndconfig (or was the name
soundcfg? I alway mix that up... :-} ) and see if that works.

HTH,

Thomas
--
             "Look, Ma, no obsolete quotes and plain text only!"

     Thomas Ribbrock | http://www.bigfoot.com/~kaytan | ICQ#: 15839919