> >From my experience in my system with 256mb yes.  I used system monitor and
> analyze the swap size, swap in use, free memory, and allocated memory.  It
> allocated it all when I ran Quake and used about 3/4 while I ran Quake but
> when I leave Quake then the free ram increases above 128mb and allocated ram
> goes down to 128mb.  The test is based on using Windows98 system monitor and
> running Quake III Arena.

How about with other applications?  Maybe certain applications can use the
extra memory but not the main system?  I'll have to try at home with
Windows98se.

I'm *trying* to search Micro$oft's website but I keep getting timeouts on
their webpage generations.  What are they running on?  i486 machines???

--
Regards,