If you don't have any data that you really nead I would trash it and start again :)

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 07:39:19PM +0530, Kiran Kumar M wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using RH 7.0, with kernel 2.2.16. I installed this on two IBM SCSI,
> each having 18 GB. Suddenly the file system was corrupted.
>
> I tried to rescue the disk, but I am not able to mount the /
> (root) partition. I am able to mount the other partition that is there in
> the same harddisk. I have three partition in the same harddisk out of that
> I am able to mount one (not root). In second disk I am able to mount two
> partitions not able to mount the third.
>
> How can I mount the other two, because I have very very important data on
> one of the partition.
>
> I tried to use e2fsck  to remove the currpted part. But giving use
>
> e2fsck -b 8193 <device>
>
> If I give the same with different devices it is repeating the same
> message.
>
> If anyone know how to come out of this... please please let me know how to
> do that....
>
> Thanks,
> Kiran

-
Mark Bradbury                     Email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Engineer                  SMS Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Information Technology Services   Phone:     +61 8 89466969
Northern Territory University     Mobile:    0417 860 591
Casuarina 0909 Australia          Fax:       +61 8 89466630