>>>>> "l" == lee  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

l> nadda......tried all that and nothing..command seems to just hang after several
l> seconds it just gives back command prompt......netscape doesn't give  page
l> error similar to dns numbers not being there for example.....but aftrer dhcpcd
l> times out then it does.....

l> i've tried all readmes i can find......i have kernel set to use the generic
l> module for my de4x5.0 which seems to comply with my SMC 8432 NIC......? ( there
l> is no module for my SMC8432 directly )

l>::::when i installed redhat 7 i didn't install the network option.....the one
l> near top of screen on that section of install........because i'm not on network
l> myself .end user small business....BUT is that possible trouble that some
l> aspect of network config etc. are mising and not allowing all this to
l> jive?.....never configured a network aside from ppp so I don't know ........

l> willing to offer output of anything or my config files.....but basically i used
l> the http addy below as it seemed to fit of course minus the redhat 6 part since
l> ihave 7......thats what i'm wondering  as did 7 make any changes that will
l> affect the info at that url:?

l>
http://www.oswg.org/oswg-nightly/oswg/en_US.ISO_8859-1/articles/DHCP/DHCP.html#REDHAT6

I'm not using this particular card myself but for all the device
drivers and info check out:

http://www.scyld.com/linux_network_drivers.html

I do see this card [if this is yours] mentioned as supported :

SMC 8432BT
     With DEC21041.

Uses the tulip driver with info along with diagnostic program at:

http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html

--
Ray Curtis         Unix Programmer/Consultant   Curtis Consulting
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        http://www.clark.net/pub/ray