Hello,

I am running a RedHat 6.2 server that is getting frozen everyday with a
'grow_underscores inodes_max limit reached' message. There are a lot of
lines in /var/log/messages like these:
>Dec 30 06:48:28 www inetd[1809]: accept (for imap): Too many open files
>Dec 30 06:48:59 www last message repeated 1780 times

I suppose that a script run by crond could cause this problem and I removed
all the scripts from /etc/cron.daily. Nevertheless, the server got frozen.

I created a script that runs hourly to get more info:
  lsof | awk '{ print $1 }' | uniq -c | sort -n >> /home/XXX/trap.log
  df -i >> /home/XXX/trap.log

but when the server is frozen these commands doesn't have any output...

I am completely lost now... could somebody give me a clue?

Thanks,
Tomás

Tomas Garcia Ferrari

Bigital