Does this result in significant security loss?

I just switched from ssh-1.2.27-5i to openssh-2.3.0p1-1 in my server and
realised that I couldn't anymore log into that server. I think that the
reverse hostname lookups are to blame -- my connections are done to an
firewall ip which are forwarded by ipmasqadm to the real server.

Peter