I have a JetDirect working.

I can only say one thing: Try CUPS first. I spent about 8 hours lookign at printing
how-tos, lpr man pages and HP's web site and - bah, forget it. I downloaded the CUPs
RPM and presto, we have a printer. I've had windows printer installs that were harder
then using CUPs.

HP and Epson printers are supported as "samples" if you have another type of printer,
you're outta luck - you'll have to pay for ESP PrintPro.

Try CUPs first anyway :-)

At 08:20 PM 1/15/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anyone figured out how to setup up a printer that is connected to a
>JetDirect box?  The only success I've had so far is in sharing the printer
>from a windows box and configuring my RH7 system to use SMB to print via the
>share.
>
>Thanks for any help,
>-r

Jonathan Wilson