From: Mitchell K. Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 11:21 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: NIC's stuck at 10Meg

What is the exact model of your NIC?
If it is a 3Com 3C90x, 59x or 5x9, you should be able to run the 3Com config
utility.  You'll need to make a DOS bootable floppy and copy the utility to
that.

There are option for force the NIC to a particular speed and duplex.
That is where I would start.

If you are going to a switch, you MUST force the NIC to 100Mbps and Full
duplex.  Otherwise the switch can get confused.  Make sure also that the
switch is set to 100Mbps and Full duplex.

If that doesn't help you let me know.

Mitchell K. Smith
Service and Information Systems Manager
ePlus Technology of PA