On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Peter Ferrigan wrote:

> Hi there.  I am trying to configure a Compact DLT drive on my 6.2 box.  It
> is hooked to the SCSI card and I can see it when the server boots.
>
> Now, how do I go about mounting it so that I may write to it?  I can't seem
> to find any info on this anywhere.
>
> Thanks for any help you can render.
>

> -Peter

You don't mount tapes.  You normaly use tar (Tape ARcive), or on of the
other tape backup programs to read/write tapes.  You use mt to control the
tape drive.  You will probably use /dev/st0 and /dev/nst0 as the file name
when talking to the tape drive.  (st will rewind after you are done
reading/writting, nst will not.)

Mikkel