On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Joel Lansden wrote:

> Actually the best SSH server I've ever seen was here:
>
>     ftp://ftp.ssh.org/pub/ssh/ssh-2.4.0.tar.gz

I'f I'm not mistaken, this is the commercial ssh version. It carries
license restrictions and requires that you install ssh1 separately for
ssh1 compatability.

I am personally far more comfortable with openssh. I like the license, it
includes ssh1 and ssh2 in the same server, and is well supported.

YMMV

>   1.openssh2.3.0p1-4
>   2.openssh-clients2.3.p1-4
>   3.openssh-server2.3.p1-4
>   4.openssh-askpass2.3.0p1-4
>   5.openssh-askpass-gnome2.3.0p1-4
>
>   I would like to know which one should I install.  and Is there any HOWTOs
> exists.

You will also need openssl. Openssl carries the crypto libraries used by
openssh.

The askpass and askpass-gnome provide X GUI frontends to prompt for
key passphrases and passwords. Unless you run X, you don't want those. I
use X and I don't use them.

I'd recommend you install all the others.

thornton