On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Michaell Taylor spewed into the bitstream:

MT>I am attempting to move completely away from Windows and am pretty close -
MT>now I must drag the Palm along with me.  But have a problem.
MT>
MT>I've installed pilot-link and received no error messages.
MT>
MT>I also,
MT>
MT>ln -s /dev/ttys0 /dev/pilot
MT>
MT>When I attempt pilot-xfer I get :
MT>
MT>pilot-xfer -s /home/mtaylor/palm
MT>Unable to bind to port '/dev/pilot'.
MT>(Please see 'man pilot-xfer' or 'pilot-xfer --help' for information on
MT>setting the port).
MT>
MT>I get no error on the link command ( ln -s /dev/ttys0 /dev/pilot) but don't
MT>know if it would give me one if it failed.  Also tried a hard link - no dice.
MT>
MT>Any ideas?  Thanks.

What's the output of this:

ls -al /dev/ttyS0

Did you symlink it to ttyS0 or ttys0 one of them is right... can you
guess which one? If you want to see a quick down and dirty how-to for
this have a look at the jpilot documentation at http://www.jpilot.org.

Lessee... here's the direct URL for the serial port setup.

http://www.chattia.com/Henrik.Becker/jpilot/jpilot-manual-en-2.html#ss2.4

Then you

--
Chuck Mead, Owner, MoonGroup.com