rh7.0 supports raid.  2.4 supports raid as well.  the latest 2.2 kernels
do not support all forms of raid, but there are patches readily available
for it, and redhat 7.0 includes them.

the redhat 7.0 graphical installer allows you to setup raid devices during
the install.  that would probably be the easy way if you're installing
from scratch.

also, "raid1" is the type of raid you want for mirroring.

-tcl.