>> >I have a Compaq running Windows ME accessing ADSL with a TI ADSL LAN
>> >adapter over an Ameritech account with Prodigy PPPoE software. If I
>> >installed Red Hat on the same box and added a router would I be able to
>> >access the ADSL account with Red Hat?
>>
>> i guess yes : install roarong penguin's pppoe on your rh box, configure it
>> with adsl-setup then start it with adsl-start. id did it and it runs
just fine

>> btw you don't need a router
>
>What kind of ADSL LAN adapter are you using? The one I have is internal and
>Windows based, I've heard that those won't work with Linux.

an alcatel external adsl modem on a France Telecom line
i don't know about windows-designed internal adapters, but if it's like
internal winmodems i'm afraid you're about to sweat.

good luck
Mes idees n'engagent que moi (vieux proverbe du Net)

Thierry ITTY
eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                FRANCE