I have a question dealing with departments and file permissions.
If You have two department A and B and 7 employees.
Employees A-1, A-2, and A-boss all work in Dept A.
B department is identical in layout to Dept A.
The last employee is the Big Boss.

Is there an easy way to give access to employees A-1 and A-2 so that
they can not see each others files, but still allow the supervisor (A-
Boss) to review and remove any files if the need should arise. Also,
A-Boss and B-Boss should not be able to see each others files.

I know it defeats the purpose of private groups, but is it a bad idea
to put the department boss in the employees private group?

I know the Big Boss will have root access to the box so s/he will
have no problems with access to files.

Hum, Just thinking ... will sudo allow a user to selectively become
another user. For example A-boss become A-1 or A-2, but no one else
or better yet let them become anyone in the group A-dept.

Any ideas for a good solution to this?

Thanks,
Chad

--
Is your email secure? http://www.pop3now.com
(c) 1998-2001 secureFront Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.