gle> I'm using fvwm2, and have 4 copies of Biff running to detect mail in 4 different
gle> boxes.  I've found this to not be a reliable way of doing it - Biff will tell me
gle> I have mail in box 2, when the letter is actually in box 3.  And it rarely
gle> notifies me when mail lands in the Inbox.  Is there another mail detection
gle> program that is more reliable, and that is configurable so that I can run
gle> multiple copies with each checking a different box, or run 1 copy that checks
gle> several boxes?

Take a look at Xbuffy, it handles mulitple mailboxes and play sounds very
nicely. There is a rpm out there that should be available from
http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/ or other mirrors.

--
Ray Curtis         Unix Programmer/Consultant   Curtis Consulting
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        http://www.clark.net/pub/ray