Statux wrote:

> 1) did you find a "linux22" package? linux20 is for the old branch of
> release kernels usually (well 2 branches ago at this point).
>
> cs1.. cs1.. hmm.. Well you got the Linux 2.0 version (I'm just wondering
> if there's a 2.2 one), glibc, i386 (32bit x86), but cs1.. sitting between
> i386 and rpm. I dunno. Did you have any other choices of files when you
> did the download?
>
> On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Michael S. McLeod wrote:
>
> > I downloaded the Real Player 8 RPM   "rp8.linux20.libc6.i386.cs1.rpm"
> > but when  i try to install in into Red Hat 7 I get an error message
> > that: " package real player  8.0-1 is for a different architecture"
> > Can someone explain this and what to do about  it?
> > Michael

> --
> -Statux

There were some other choices, one was the non rpm version of this file,
there was a "linux /Alpha  (Red Hat 6.2)"  Linux /Sparc (Red Hat 6.2)  If
you want to have a look for your self go to
http://scopes.real.com/real/player/unix/unix.html?src=000807realhome_1,000807rpchoice_h1&dc=812811810

See if you can advise which to use for RH 7
Michael