OK. I know this has been batted around before but I can't go looking through the
archives right now. Does anybody know how to get the second eth1 NIC configured if it
is identical to eth0? I have tried all day and am not getting anywhere. I have set up
the modules.conf as such for the two Linksys LNE100 cards:

alias eth0 tulip
alias eth1 tulip

and it is still not being recognized.  Both the ACT and power LEDs are lit up on the
NIC. An "sbin/ifconfig eth1 up"  gives "eth1: unknown interface: No such device". It
is possible that both cards are  trying to use the same interrupt although I have "PNP
OS" set to no in the BIOS and it should be picking them both up. "sbin/lspci" shows it
being recognized as a separate network controller.

--
Jack Bowling
Prince George, BC