eric clover wrote:

> is there anything that will convert a windows doc made with word into some
> kind of linux format? here at work(windows machine) i'd like to be able to
> make a doc and xfer it to home convert it to some linux format and print it
> out on my home(linux) machine.

StarOffice will do this.  There's also a "reader" for WinWord docs out
there,
but I don't remember the name as I've never used it.  Try a search on
tucows.

rickf

--
Rick Forrister                 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Giving power and money to politicians is like giving car keys
 and alcohol to teenage boys."
                                --P. J. O'Rourke