Where in the world is the kernel kept in RedHat7 or fisher?
I wanted to upgrade the 2.4.0 kernel I have here to one of the pre-releases
and I went to /usr/src  and couldn't find the 'linux' directory??

I tried arbitrarily running the 'make menuconfig' to see what would come up
and of course nothing happened?  Huh?  That sort of thing.

Where does RedHat put things relative to the kernel ?  Where is its .config
file kept so I can use my existing configuration with the new kernel. That is
primarily what I am after and once I get that I will simply download the new
kernel and place everything in the /usr/src directory.

Maybe I am on the wrong track but since I came over from Slackware where
there are few automatic functions - I am used to doing most things manually.
--
Ted Gervais
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia Canada.