Hello All:

I am a heavy Web browser, and I would like to configure my system so that http
references to certain sites go unanswered.  (Did someone say doubleclick?)

I am running RH6.2 with a 2.2.18 kernel.  My connection to the net is via dial up and
I use IPCHAINS.

At the moment I am running a local caching DNS server and my /etc/hosts file
translates the names of the domains I want to block to a range of IP addresses in the
private/reserved range.  I then use an IPCHAINS rule which DENYs any attempt to
connect to anything in that IP range.  I went this route instead of individual
IPCHAINS rules since there would be far too many of them, as the number of offending
sites seems to increase everyday.

This works well enough, but I am wondering if there are any better ideas out there.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael