Cheers for that.

I think that's the solution I'm stuck with. The problem I keep coming
across is that someone takes a document home, modifies it then forgets
to return it (luser). Then they have a go at me because they've 'lost'
what they were doing.

Oh well, I'll just keep looking forward to groupware apps becoming
viable.

thanks
Kevin

===== Original Message from "Anthony E . Greene" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> at
15/02/01 10:53
>On Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:00:20 kevin wrote:
>>Just a quick question. What's the best way to support file
>>sharing over the internet?
>>
>>I know all about the security nightmares of NFS/SMB/NCP so
>>it looks like I'm stuck with ftp. My problem is that my lusers
>>have enough problems remembering to insert a floppy before
>>using A:, ftp is just a bit too hard for them.
>>
>>Any (sensible) suggestions gratefully received.
>
>A graphical FTP client should be easy enough for anyone. If they can't handle that,
>then
you've got some work to do. You can setup SSL and an HTTP upload script and
let them use a browser.