Hi Folks:

I get the following Errors when I started the Oracle installation.  I also
applied the Glic patch from redhat.

Did anyone else also encounter this situation and any pointers to solve this
issue.

PS:  I do not have the X installed on the the linux server.  I am setting
the Display to another.  Is this a problem ?

Did anyone else have the same problem.

Any info will be appreciated.

The following is/are the errors

oracle@ff:/root/Oracle8iR2 > Initializing Java Virtual Machine from
../stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8/1/DataFiles/Expanded/linux/bin/jre.

Please wait...
current locale is not supported in X11, locale is set to CX locale modifiers

are not supported, using defaultWarning: translation table syntax error:
Unknown keysym name: osfActivate
Warning: ... found while parsing ':<Key>osfActivate:
ManagerParentActivate()'
Warning: String to TranslationTable conversion encountered errors
Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfBeginLine
Warning: ... found while parsing ':<Key>osfBeginLine:
ManagerGadgetTraverseHome()'
Warning: String to TranslationTable conversion encountered errors
Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfHelp
Warning: ... found while parsing ':<Key>osfHelp:
ManagerGadgetHelp()'
Warning: String to TranslationTable conversion encountered errors
Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfActivate
Warning: ... found while parsing ':<Key>osfActivate: DrawingAreaInput()
ManagerParentActivate()'
Warning: String to TranslationTable conversion encountered errors
Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfUp
Warning: ... found while parsing ':<Key>osfUp: DrawingAreaInput()
ManagerGadgetTraverseUp()'
Warning: String to TranslationTable conversion encountered errors
SIGSEGV received at bfffe938 in
/root/Oracle8iR2/stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8/1/DataFiles/Expanded/

linux/lib/linux/native_threads/libjava.so. Processing terminated