Rob Saul wrote:

> Can some kind soul point me to an rpm
> of perl 5.6 for RH 6.2?  So far the
> only one I've found that will admit to
> installing on RH 6.2 is from Active State.
> (installs into /usr/local/ActivePerl-5.6)
> I'd prefer to update the already installed
> verion.

Rob, try tucows or rpmfind.  Locate them at:

tucows:  <http://www.tucows.com/>
rpmfind: <http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/>

If you've upgraded your version of RPM to 3.0.6 then you could also
install the perl source rpm from RH 7.0 and rebuild it with the
"rpm -ba perl.spec" command in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/.

best
    rickf
--
Rick Forrister                 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Giving power and money to politicians is like giving car keys
 and alcohol to teenage boys."
                                --P. J. O'Rourke