Do you have SCSI devices which are not detected, or do you want your IDE
CD-writer to show up as SCSI?

If you have an IDE CD-writer, check out this page:-
http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue57/feenberg.html

If you have a SCSI device which is not detected/configured by the Linux
kernel that comes with your Linux distribution, then check this out:-
http://www.ibiblio.org/mdw/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO.html

If it's a kernel problem and not a "sorry, you're not supported" problem,
check out the manufacturer's web page & see if they have any words of wisdom
to offer.

-Hugo