Hi Ed, comments inline. I got most of this by grepping through stuff under
/usr/lib/sendmail-cf

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Edward Dekkers wrote:

> I'm about to move the mail to another server. I originally modified the
> sendmail.cf file directly, as it was the only way I knew how. Since then
> I've read a lot about m4 and sendmail.mc. With the move, I would now like to
> do it properly.
But I can't get sendmail.mc to convert to the sendmail.cf
> which is working on my old server. I've read all about the options/etc at
> Chuck's site (where else?), but I still can't find the relevant matches.
<snip>
> Cwlocalhost
> # file containing names of hosts for which we receive email
> Fw/etc/sendmail.cw

FEATURE(use_cw_file)

> # my official domain name
> # ... define this only if sendmail cannot automatically determine your
> domain
>
> CP.tripled.iinet.net.au
>
> # "Smart" relay host (may be null)
>
> DSmail.m.iinet.net.au

just a wag, but try
define(`SMART_HOST', `mailer:mail.m.iinet.net.au')

> # class E: names that should be exposed as from this host, even if we
> masquerade
> # class L: names that should be delivered locally, even if we have a relay
> # class M: domains that should be converted to $M
> #CL root
> CE root

this comes from m4/proto.m4, ans should help you figure out how to set it

divert(0)dnl    # end of nullclient diversion
# class E: names that should be exposed as from this host, even if we
masquerade
ifdef(`_NULL_CLIENT_ONLY_', `#',
`# class L: names that should be delivered locally, even if we have a
relay
# class M: domains that should be converted to $M
#CL root
')CE root
undivert(5)dnl

> # file containing IP numbers of machines which can use our relay
> F{LocalIP} /etc/mail/ip_allow

HACK(use_ip,`/etc/mail/ip_allow')

> # file containing names of machines which can use our relay
> F{LocalNames} /etc/mail/name_allow

HACK(use_names,`/etc/mail/name_allow')

> # file containing names we relay to
> F{RelayTo} /etc/mail/relay_allow

HACK(use_relayto,`/etc/mail/relay_allow')

> # default delivery mode
> # changed 24/4/99 by me to defer delivery until I want it - not sendmail
> # O DeliveryMode=background
> O DeliveryMode=deferred
>
> #####################
> #   Trusted users   #
> #####################
>
> # this is equivalent to setting class "t"
> #Ft/etc/sendmail.ct
> Troot
> Tdaemon
> Tuucp

maybe,
FEATURE(use_ct_file)

but I see you aren't using FT, but T above. maybe readign up on this
feature will get you in the right direction. Here is what proto.m4 says

# this is equivalent to setting class "t"
ifdef(`_USE_CT_FILE_', `', `#')Ft`'ifdef(`confCT_FILE', confCT_FILE,
ifdef(`_USE_ETC_MAIL_', `/etc/mail/trusted-users', `/etc/sendmail.ct'))
Troot
Tdaemon
ifdef(`_NO_UUCP_', `dnl', `Tuucp')
ifdef(`confTRUSTED_USERS', `T`'confTRUSTED_USERS', `dnl')

As far as I know, you can put raw .cf style commands into the .mc file
as well, which just get generated as-is in the .cf. I've never tried this
myself.

hth
charles