> I'm running RHL 7.0 with Netscape communicator
> 4.75-2.  I have plugins
> installed in the /usr/lib/netscape/plugins directory
> (they came with the
> netscape-common RPM), but when I enter
> "about:plugins" in the location bar, it
> tells me there are no plugins installed...
>
> I've tried searching the archives, but the search
> seems broken...

Have you tried to make some soft links (or even copy)
in your /home/you/.netscape/plugins dir, instead of
using the /usr...plugins dir ???

# ln -s /usr/lib/netscape/plugins/flash40 flash40

being in your /home/.netscape/plugins dir

probably this could help due the reason that netscape
its gonna search for this components in the /home dir,

Note that the netscape dir have a "." before it

=====