On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Gary Stiehr wrote:

> Hi,
>       Does anyone have any information about the following errrors.  Could it a
> problem with the hard drive, the IDE controller, the IDE cable?
>
> =========== From /var/log/messages:
>
> kernel: hda: write_intr: status=0x71 { DriveReady DeviceFault
> SeekComplete Error }
>
> kernel: hda: write_intr: error=0x10 { SectorIdNotFound },
> LBAsect=7061657, sector=7061595
>
> kernel: ide0: reset: success
>
> =============
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Gary Stiehr
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Short answer: yes
Long answer: It could be any of the above.  Chances are, you have a
drive going bad, but I would check the cable first.  If you can aford to
have the machine down for a while, I would check the drive makers web
site for test software.  I know IBM, and Western Digital have test
software you can download for thier drives.

Mikkel