On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Jerry Human wrote:

> My current RH drive is hda and I want to install another drive as hda
> and move the RH drive to hdb. After the move, how can I start RH to run
> lilo to set the new boot map?
>
> Thanks.

Make a boot disk.  (mkbootdisk)
Write down your root partition.
Move the drive.
Boot from your floppy using "<label> init=bash root=<root partition>
Edit /etc/lilo.conf to reflect the new root directory.
Edit /etc/fstab to reflect the new partitions (/dev/hdb? instead of
        /dev/hda?) unless you are using partition labels.
Mount /boot if it is a seperate partition.
Run lilo.
Reboot and test.

Mikkel