Use a separate hub/switch for the connection between the Linux box and the
router.

Of course, if the IPs of the interface to the router is on a different
network (numerically), this often has the same effect.

Router has an IP of 192.168.0.1, linux-eth0 has an IP of 192.168.0.2

Linux-eth1 has an IP fo 192.1681.1., PC#1 is 192.168.1.2, PC#2 is
192.168.1.3, PC#3 is 192.168.1.4.

The same could work in the next diagram:

             PC#1
            /
Router--hub<---eth0-linux
           |\
           | PC #2
           PC#3

In this case, eth0 would have an IP of 192.168.0.1, and eth0:0 (Virtual
interface) would have an IP of 192.168.1.1.

However, if you don't want the router to have any chance of seeing traffic
from PC#1, PC#2 or PC#3 on the same physical ethernet segment, the first
example is the better way to go.